- School Trips and Visits
- The Taught Curriculum
- Information & Communication Technology
- Physical Education
- The Creative Curriculum
- Religious Education
- Special Educational Needs and additional provision
- More Able Children
- Personal, Health and Social Education
- Sex Education
- Multicultural Education
- Collective Worship
- Penguin Class (Reception)
- Starfish Class (Reception)
- Stingray Class (Year 1)
- Puffin Class (Year 1)
- Seal Class (Year 2)
- Octopus Class (Year 2)
- Coral Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Shark Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Jellyfish Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Turtle Class (Years 3 & 4)
- Dolphin Class (Years 5 & 6)
- Seahorse Class (Years 5 & 6)
- Swordfish Class (Years 5 & 6)
- The New Curriculum
Welcome to Octopus Class (Year 2)
Year 1 and 2 topic: changes.
- To identify, and name, a variety of common animals.
- To classify animals, e.g. bird, mammal, amphibian etc.
Identify animals which live within this country and compare them to others which live in different climates.
Compare differences between animal classifications, e.g. birds and fish.
Geography and History:
- To use maps and aerial photographs.
- To identify changes within living memory, e.g. food, clothes, toys.
Find your house on Google Earth and an OS map.
Visit the Canterbury museum.
Look at old family photographs.
- Christian parables, e.g. the Good Samaritan.
Share stories with morals, e.g. the boy who cried wolf.
- Share favourite stories from your childhood, or your parents’ childhood, if possible from the original book.
- Compare different versions of a fairy story.
- Make sure you know the months of the year.
- Practise spelling the days and months.
- Read times to the quarter hour.